Friday 22 May 2015

Tips on Organising your Blogging




Now I'll be the first one to raise my hand and admit that lately I haven't really been very good at the whole blogging thing. I'm trying to get back into the routine after a short break and to organise myself better on the blogging front. After reading other blogs and advice on the Internet, I gathered 5 tips to help you and me on organising our blogs better.

1. Notebook
It's the key to a successful blog, carrying with you a small notebook and a pen to jot down any ideas that come to mind is so much more helpful than you'd think. Or just by typing it down on your phone. You might think of a great idea for a new post while on the tube, but by the time you get home to start writing, you've already forgotten it. I always like to keep a notebook at home and a note on my phone for post ideas.

2. Drafts
Personally, I'm not the kind of blogger that writes a post starting from a blank page and publishes it the minute she's finished typing. If you're like that, that is great. But for the people out there that are like me, writing drafts and leaving them there for a couple of days before checking them again with a fresh mind is always helpful. Drafts are also my safety blanket, whenever I'm having an inspirational moment I like to write a few more posts in case I get stuck in a blogging block.


3. Photograph in blocks
It's always nice to take clear pictures with a lot of light and you don't always get to have that. To avoid taking separate pictures for every post I like to take pictures in blocks, this usually happens on a weekend's morning at around 11:00 when the lighting is my favourite to shoot in.

4. Keep to the schedule
I'm a big believer in consistency, if you are trying to create a routine for yourself that works for you and your blog, deciding one or two days a week for when to post could be a start. I don't have two fixed days, depending on the post (if it's a Sunday Post I am not going to post it on a tuesday right?) I try and post twice a week.

5. Schedule posts
If for some reason you can't access to Blogger to publish a post when you wanted to, scheduling could solve the problem. It only takes a few clicks to schedule a post so that you don't have to worry about the post anymore. To do so you have to go on "Post settings", "Schedule", "Set date and time" and then just choose the time and date for when you want it to go up.

Do you have any tips on organising your blogging?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric