Friday 7 March 2014

DIY: Goodbye Yellow Nails





After this long never existing winter here (hi America!) I am abandoning (sigh sigh) my dark nailpolishes and swtiching to  more colourful shades for the sping.Last week after taking off my favourite nailpolish "sole mate" from Essie I noticed that my nails were yellow. I was so proud of my long nails as it took me forever to let my nails grow due to my bad nail biting habit (I'm trying to stop).
I decided to try this recipe that I've found while I was pouring the internet. I'm one of those really infuriating people who doesn't take quantity's very seriously - I tend to just dive straight in and hope for the best.

 Ingredients: 
 baking soda 
 lemon juice 
 any container 

Just mix the two in a container, mind that it will fizz a little but nothing special.
This experience taught me a lesson: never wear (especially dark) nailpolish for too long and always remember to wear a base coat under  as it helps to prevent the yellow stains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric