Sunday 21 September 2014

Sunday Post: Chocablock Recipe


Cooking and baking has never been my forte. But this week, with the terrible weather we had here, I picked out a few recipes I wanted to try out to improve my skills. I've been reading Suzie's blog ever since I started blogging, in fact it was her blog which got me into blogging. She suggested the chocablock recipe and being a chocolate junkie, I knew this had to happen.


-------------------------------------------------------------
The Ingredients...
180g butter
180g caster sugar 
3 eggs, beaten 
125g self-raising flour 
100g ground almonds 
½ tsp baking powder 
100ml milk 
4 tbsp cocoa powder 
200g milk chocolate chunks 
200g white chocolate chunks 

LET'S GET CRACKING!
-------------------------------------------------------------



1. Pre-heat your oven to 150C.
2. Cream together your butter and sugar until light & fluffy. Mix in your eggs, followed by your flour, almonds, baking powder, cocoa, and milk. You should be left with a lovely smooth batter. 
3. Roughly chop your chocolate bars and add to the batter. Stir it around. If you're using a metal tin, grease it in a good smear of butter. If you're using a silicone one (clever you) don't bother. Pour the batter into your tin.
4. Cooking time will vary depending on your cooker, but it should take around 45mins. When it's done the top should be nice and shiny and it should have raised up in the middle, I take mine out when it's still a little bit wobbly because it gives a good squidgy middle later. If you want a more sturdy cake, leave it an extra 5-10 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric