Wednesday 24 September 2014

My Essie Nailpolishes


My friend Megan (The Breakfast Report) first introduced me to Essie nailpolishes, in fact, she's the one who got me into beauty at first. At the time I didn't know much about nailpolishes' formulas, they seemed all the same to me, BIG MISTAKE.

When I purchased my first Essie nailpolish, Mezmerised, I automatically fell in love with the brand. The amount of shades they brought out is crazy and the brush is the right size for my nails. The formula is amazing; for a perfect opaque finish, most nailpolishes will only need two coats. I think 8 euros is a reasonable prize for such amazing nailpolishes, so I went off and bought Sol Mate awell. Burgundy is probably my favourite colour to wear on my nails, and everybody needs a little dark red in their lives! The minute my friend told me that Forever Yummy was on her nails, I knew I had to get my hands on that colour. It's a deeper red with a hint of brick colour. I would recommend using a base coat to avoid stained nails. And of course, let's not forget the sheer colours in their collection. Sugar Daddy is one of them, the perfect sheer baby pink, 3 coats of these are good to go for a simple and natural manicure. And lastly there's Marshmallow, I picked this up thinking that it was going to be an opaque white, unfortunately it's a sheer nailpolish, so next time I go back I will buy the real opaque shade, Blanc.

Oh boy if I'm an Essie fan. If there's one problem I have with their nailpolishes is that they chip quite easily on me, but there's nothing a good topcoat can't do!

What's your favourite Essie shade?



2 comments:

  1. Essie have the most amazing shade range ever! I love your photography

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie definitely has one of the biggest shade range! Thank you lovely xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric