Friday 4 April 2014

Toning Quatrain


For a girl who used to scoff at toners, it's pretty crazy how now they have become such a staple in my skincare routine. Stepping up my routine with toners, whether they're exfoliating, refreshing or hydrating, really helped my skin keep the spots 'at bay'. Toners clean your skin thoroughly like a second cleanser and tighten and help firm your skin, giving it a healthy loook. I have some here and I thought I'd share them with you for anyone looking to add to their toning supplies...

When I started using toners my first ones were the lotions- currently I'm using the  Lancome tonique doucer. I find toning lotion super soothing and refreshing on my skin, this meant that my skin has been super calm. Before applying any more skincare I always wait for a few minutes for it to dry on my skin. Another good toning lotion is the Natura RVB toning lotion, which unfortunately was a limited edition or it's no longer purchasable on the internet. Over the past few months I've tried in the shower the Biotherm cleanser toning mousse from Biosource, I use this as a 2 steps in 1 product (for the lazy people like me): cleanse and tone. This foaming toner offers a multitude of skin benefits, including reducing breakouts and clogged pores, softer and more balanced skin. I must say that Biotherm is a trustworthy brand for toners, all the different kinds that I've purchased have never disappointed me, I think it's all about finding the one that suits your skin the best. Currently I don't own any exfoliating toner but the Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Brightening Toner is on my wish list.
I think toning is a step that people often forget, but they really do a big difference to your skin when applied.  
Not that my skin is perfect in the slightest, I still have bad skin days, but they do something and nowadays my skin doesn't breakout as much. 




make sure to follow me on Bloglovin'!
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1990325/?claim=r88x3yjzw5r">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> !

2 comments:

  1. what does toning actually do?xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very sorry to not have made this clear, I'll be soon editing the post to add the most important information: what toners do!
      Basically a toner cleans up your face thoroughly, by removing any dirt, dead skin-cells, I would also say that it's a second cleanser. But the most important work a toner does (at least for me) it's that it tightens and helps firm your skin, giving it a healthy look.

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric