Monday 12 January 2015

My Manicure in 7 Steps



Going to a nail salon to get my manicure done is something I have never enjoyed. I've always preferred doing my nails myself and keeping the budget friendly. Recently I stepped up my game by adding the Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover to my routine. I do my manicure in seven steps, preferably on sundays, where I give myself 2 hours for some me-time to get myself ready for the start of the new week.
.1. Apply Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover
I use this on the cuticles, and then let it work its magic for one minute.



2. File my nails
While I wait for the cuticle remover, I file my nails with the Henckels nail filer to give them the shape I want.

3. Push back my cuticles
After one minute I push back my cuticles -using an appropriate tool or my fingers- and these will start to come off (I know gross), this gives me a polished nail ready for nailpolish.

4. Basecoat
I always apply a basecoat, as this prevents from getting yellow stained nails (here you can find a DIY on how to get rid of yellow nails) and creates a smooth base for the colour to be then applyed on. Because at the moment my nails tend to break a lot I apply the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails basecoat.



5. Apply 2 coats of Essie Forever Yummy
Depending on the nailpolish's formula I apply two or three coats to get a opaque finish. Today I went for this bright tango red shade, perfect to brighten up your outfit in these months where black seems the only colour I've been wearing.

6. Topcoat 
To keep your nailpolish lasting longer, always apply a topcoat, at the moment I'm using the Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days in Crystal Clear as a topcoat.

7. Cuticle oil
To finish I apply a cuticle oil to moisturize those buggers and to have a perfect manicure using the Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil.



and voilá! here you've got your own 7 steps manicure!

2 comments:

  1. I am so lazy when it comes to my nails, I love painting them but I can never be bothered to take proper care of them... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes me too, this is why I created a quick and easy manicure!

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric