Sunday 25 January 2015

DIY & Fighting dry Lips


Something I very much dislike about the cold months? chapped lips. Seriously. I can bare the cold and dark days wrapped up in my scarp sipping coffee from my christmas mug. But chapped lips. Really? I have three products which I would categorize all as holy grails; without them I would still be fighting the dry desert on my lips I have to deal with during the winter.

Nuxe RĂªve de Miel Lipbalm
I dedicated a post to this little gem, if you want to read all about it you can find my review and thoughts here.

The Body Shop Aloe Vera Lip Care
A cheaper alternative, recommended by the lovely Essiebutton, I bought this lipbalm that turned out to be even better than the Reve de Miel. It contains aloe and other healing ingredients for very dry lips. I like to apply this at night as it is more moisturising; and apply the Reve de Miel in the morning as it gives me a matte finish , which I personally prefer.

DIY lip scrub
Definitely the cheapest of all. I browsed the internet for DIY lipscrubs for inspiration and then decided to make my own.

-------------------------------------------------------------
THE INGREDIENTS
white sugar
lemon
honey
rosehip oil (olive oil can be a great subsitute)
-------------------------------------------------------------

There's no order in the way you mix your ingredients, so just find the right size of container, put everything in together and mix very well. You should be left with quite a thick texture that applied on the lips works as a scrub and hydrates the lips thanks to the honey and olive oil in it.






1 comment:

  1. Great tips and advice! I'll check out the Body Shop one, they always have some really good products! With love,
    Vera

    http://theflashwindow.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric