Monday 27 April 2015

The Fitness Report: My First Months



Here I am introducing a new series to my blog, the fitness report. Who knew that I would be writing about my fitness routine here on my corner of the internet after a six month break from any kind of workout. At the beginning of march I started practicing sport again and signed myself up to go to the gym. I don't do it to lose weight but to tone up, sport used to be part of my lifestyle and I've really missed it for these past months.

One thing I would recommend to all those starting,  is to buy a workout outfit. This may sound ridicolous, but this will push you to go to the gym or just do some exercises. the same way when you buy a new coat and can't wait to wear it, gym clothes have the same effect on you. 

I started the Blogilates' 30 Day Thigh Slimming Challenge and I'm currently on day 11. The daily workout is very short so I do it in the morning before I get dressed and all. Blogilates has many of these 30 days challenged and they're great if you're getting started.

As for food I've been trying to eat a lot more healthy and using fresh ingredients while cutting down the processed foods. In the morning I always have a fruit and yogurt with granola; for lunch it varies but I always try and have some bread or pasta during my meal; dinner always consists of something simple and vegetarian or meat with vegetables.

To motivate myself I like to set myself goals so I decided that by the end of June I want to be able to run 5km under 30 minutes. I read on fitness blogs that before you start setting yourself goals in km you should at least be able to run 30 minutes just for the resistance of the body, at the moment I am working on that and I will keep you updated on how I get on.

I am currently creating two fitness playlists: one for running & working out and one for cooling down. They are not finished yet so I will show them to you in the next post. Currently I'm loving Odesza for my workouts and I'd suggest checking the music out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric