Monday 6 October 2014

Overcoming Blogger's Block



Just last week I managed to overcome my blogging block. For about two weeks now, I've been unable to sit down and write a post to it's end before giving up and deleting everything again. Obviously the same post was attempted to be written again; but again, I failed miserably. For us blogger it might be a bit scary, thinking "what am I going to do? what are my followers going to think of me?". Ladies, gents, don't worry, I've got the tips you just need to survive this too and get through it.

First of all, step back from blogging. It might be because of the lack of inspiration, the stress or just the uninterest to write a post about a night cream, because as much as this could be your passion, there are other more important things out there. Enjoy life and stop stressing yourself from thinking what to write for the next post, or finding the exact spot, hour, minute, second to take a photo of your outfit. The funny thing is that giving yourself a break can help keep any stress at bay and boost your overall ability to be productive.

Something that has really helped me in these last few weeks, is to do what you enjoy doing. For example, I love watching Estee's youtube videos, she makes me crack up and reminds me how much I love doing what I do. After watching her videos I'm always feeling happier and when I write my posts, they are funnier and more entertaining to read, "you know what I'm sayin'?" (quoting essiebutton right here).


And lastly, talk to other bloggers. This tip might be very similar to the previous one; but talking to other people that, like you have their own small corner on the internet, makes it so much easier. None of the people I know personally, apart from my friend Megan, know about my blog. So obviously, I always end up talking to her about blogging and all that kind of jazz. Talking to her about it made me realise that writing blog posts is my passion and that there aren't many other things I enjoy doing as much as blogging.

This is more for of an advice for next time you have a blogger's block.
Energy, inspiration and time aren't a combination you have all at once often, so in the moments you do use,  stay ahead of the game! This is something I always do; even if I don't need a post for today, but I feel inspired to write something, I channel it into getting stuff done. From here it's very easy, I then just schedule the post and I won't have to worry about it anymore. These extra posts are what I like to call the blogging safety blankets.

I do realise this turned out to be a hefty heck of a post, but I do think that overcoming blogger's block is something important to us people writing in our blogs and nothing could be left out. So good luck y'all!





2 comments:

  1. i hate bloggers block! so frustrating because i want to post regularly, but i don't want to write a post if I'm not interested in doing it. I always give myself a break and end up desperate to start blogging again after a week or so! x

    whatbeckyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever tried writing posts in advance for when this happens again? I normally have 2 or 3 posts in case I won't be able to write one, so I just schedule that and then I'm done!

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric